Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2: Financial

Yesterday was for my soul. Today I will do something for my finances.

My credit score has roller coaster highs and lows. Every one, I mean EVERY single peak and valley, can be directly attributed to my work schedule. Quite the opposite of what people imagine, the times that my bills get paid most consistently is when I am unemployed. Because then I actually take the time to sit down and go through the mail, the emails and establish what is due, how much needs to be paid, etc.

When I am working I just haphazardly get bills paid. I either pay everything off completely right away or it sits in the "don't forget to pay that" area...ultimately forgetting to be paid. The amount of money I pay in late fees is absolutely ridiculous and I am sure would be better spent on a fabulous vacation...

So tonight I  got home from work at 7:30 pm. I did not answer nor read any work emails. I did not answer the phone when my agents called. I did not answer the texts from my agents. I ignored the phone when my friends rang. AND I paid my bills!!! I set up delivery of payments based on when I get paid and when they are due. Some can get mighty big when you only pay every other month. (I don't  believe that auto-pay is a good option for me I would ultimately forget one and make a huge mess!) State Farm is going to miss talking to me every month! (As an aside, I do have to say I have the absolute best office ever, they always call and remind me to pay before I lose coverage, and they never judge)

I know, paying bills, it is what grown ups do. But grown ups also make sure that their job is done and done well. Not answering the questions, emails, calls of the agents tonight goes against my very grain. But perhaps by taking time for me and not answering they will be forced to take time for theirselves as well while they wait for my answer. Which they will ultimately get first thing in the morning on my way to the field. Thank goodness for hands free! :)

I am well aware that this may be 365 days of the most boring blog ever! But it's something else I'm doing for Me....lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment